ADVERTISEMENT

Toronto

Canada-wide warrant issued for suspect in Toronto’s third homicide of 2025

Published: 

Toronto police say 24-year-old Dellano Robertson-Berry is wanted for second degree murder in the shooting death of a man in Moss Park.

Toronto police have identified a suspect in the shooting death of a 43-year-old man in Moss Park last week.

In an update Friday afternoon, Det.-Sgt. Alan Bartlett said Dellano Robertson-Berry, 24, of Toronto is wanted on a Canada-wide warrant for second-degree murder.

Police said just after 8 p.m. on Feb. 5, Lyle Pounall was found suffering from a serious gunshot wound in the Sherbourne Street and Queen Street East area.

He later died in the hospital.

Bartlett said the shooting was targeted but that there is no evidence to suggest Pounall and Robertson-Berry knew each other.

The detective noted that Robertson-Berry had no criminal record and there is nothing to suggest the shooting was gang-related.

Bartlett said there is no threat to public safety but warned that Robertson-Berry is considered armed and dangerous and anyone who sees him should call 911.

He is described as standing five-foot-seven with a medium build.

“If you were in the area of the shooting at the time, if you saw anything, if you heard anything, if you have any video of the incident, I’m encouraging you to contact the police,” Bartlett said.